Tuesday, November 27, 2012

2nd Try

In October 2008 we were given the go ahead to start trying to conceive again.  I was nervous, but I thought it would at least numb the pain from our loss.  First month of clomid, I was pregnant again. I ran with my positive pregnancy test to my husband to share with him. I was TERRIFIED cautiously excited.  It had been decided that a protein S deficiency I had, was the cause of the missed miscarriage previously. We started heparin injections twice a day from the moment I got my + pregnancy test. We did u/s every 2 weeks until 20 weeks to monitor his development and keep my mind at ease .  I did have the flu in Feb 2008, but other than that it was an uneventful pregnancy.  9 months later, I gave birth by C-section to a bouncing baby boy.

Lincoln was born at 7:13am on 7/30/09. He weighed 7lbs 11oz. Lots of 7's, so he is bound to be lucky :).   He was gorgeous!  In that moment when I held him, all of the pain, worry, and sadness was worth it to get him.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive